OWN A PIECE OF HISTORY
The guys at Ventana Surfboards & Supplies in Santa Cruz, California sent us a reclaimed piece of Doug fir (used in their surfboard production) from the hull of the Western Flyer.
The Western Flyer is considered by many to be the most famous fishing boat in the world. John Steinbeck, Ed "Doc" Ricketts and crew chartered this 77-foot sardine boat into the Sea of Cortez in Baja California, Mexico in 1940. The following year, Steinbeck published his book, The Log from the Sea of Cortez about the adventure. Learn more about this amazing boat and Ventana's use of its wood.
The Ideal Buyer:
- Passionate about collecting rare pieces of historical art
- An aspiring or pro surfer
- Appreciates the work behind the Western Flyer Foundation, Ventana Surfboards & Supplies or Maker Watch Co.
The Making Of:
Stabilized and milled in-house using Doug fir from the hull of the Western Flyer. Learn more about our process.
- Third generation (Maker 3.0) twist-off 316L steel core infrastructure
- 45MMX14.5MM flat case shape
- Genuine reclaimed wood off cut from The Western Flyer
- Powered by Citizen Miyota 8N24 skeleton automatic movement (Japanese)
- Luminous black & white hands
- Twelve (12) luminous hour markers
- Sapphire crystal face glass
- Back glass exhibition window
- Embossed logo on watch crown
- 22MM silicone sport strap with quick release – Black
- Weight: 75g
- Two (2) Year Craftsmanship warranty
- Read our Terms of Service for more information
- Doug fir from the hull of the Western Flyer
- This watch is not water-proof. Please visit our FAQ for more information